1 reply to this topic

#1 Nick

Nick

Breaking Bud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:19 PM

When friends know you are a gardener, they often ask for advice that sometimes you can't answer as fully as you'd like. I was asked by this homeowner what could work for a screen, not a line of evergreens or a dense one, along the side of their home. This is a tough situation to work with and I need some help/ideas.

_DSC0927.jpg

(above) This is the main view (from a screened porch/out a door) where the screen is desired. It is facing south, but very shady due to all of the trees. It also has a very narrow, steep slope to work with. Below are photos of the slope. The property line is about the bottom of the slope. Again the screen doesn't have to be a dense one, just something(s) to break up the view.

_DSC0920.jpg _DSC0932.jpg

Any thoughts?

#2 Steven Nikkila

Steven Nikkila

• Moderators
  • 154 posts
  • LocationSE Michigan

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:30 PM

That appears to be a difficult slope/site to plant anything of any size, so perhaps something like this sculpture with a vine or vines growing on it.

DSC_1906.jpg

Or you could suggest something like this, perhaps with a mirror instead of a window or stained glass like look.

DSC_4924.jpg

I wouldn't do an arbor because it invites people to look through it drawing attention to what you want to distract people from looking at directly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users