2 replies to this topic

#1 Your Letters

Your Letters

Well Established

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

After paying two $700 + quarterly water bills this year (mostly sewer costs but based on water consumption) I want to commit to a garden that is more drought tolerant and overall uses less water.  I know this will take a couple of years to convert but I would like to see ideas on plants, trees, irrigation, and the process of changing the garden.  I have both sun and heavy shade so I know it will be a challenge.  But I can't afford the alternative! (plus have to believe the change is really better environmentally). - K. -

#2 georgejean

georgejean

Taken Root

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

A side note on your quest:  think about putting in a second water meter strictly for outside water.  This meter would not have sewer costs added.  Some governmental units allow homeowners this option.  It will, in a few years time, pay for itself with cheaper water/sewer bills.

#3 Jeff

Jeff

Breaking Bud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

hi...there are a few options that you may want to explore...as a landscape designer I can help you with a re-design of your existing plantings, design a sustainable system, or just consult with you at your home.  Please let me know if you would like to schedule a meeting with me...Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users