• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Janet Macunovich

Janet Macunovich

Guru

• Moderators
  • 480 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

Received this message from artist and 22nd-floor gardener Tom Cathey in NYC (whose blog http://tomseyeview.wordpress.com/ includes engaging looks at the gardening, the city and life.

It was a year ago that the earthquake in Virginia cracked our building.

Then Hurricane Irene did her thing. Water water everywhere.

This week they arrived and build a scaffold ON MY TERRACE.

Will be months and months of removing cracked bricks.

OH THAT DRILLING NOISE....worse than the dentist.

When it rains.......my studio gets it.

Just part of my daily mop up routine.

But I am still smiling.

Tom

(With Tom's message, photos from his blog: workmen, pipes, planks, plastic all over his garden! And this is all following close on the heels of of the news that his apartment condo's board of directors has decided that gardens will no longer be allowed. They say there has been too much damage from foliage clogging drains and causing back-ups and leaks.
Imagine being told you can no longer have a garden, and in your 20 year old garden's final spring you can see it only through construction dust!)

Oh Tom, we are glad you are still smiling. The rest of the world may have forgotten that hurricane already but we know we're still dealing with the effects. Going to a Cape Cod property this week that had no rain just salty wind steadily for days from that storm camped offshore. Burned the living daylights out of all the plants. We did what we could last year will see whether the winter killed off any more.
Janet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users